What is affiliate marketing and how does it work?
Affiliate marketing is a system that let an advertiser pay an affiliate (often a publisher) with a performance commission system every time that a specific action is made.
Well Know Affiliate Programs
The most well-known affiliate program is Amazon‘s, and they are the ones who created this new pay-for-performance model in 1996.
Adsense is Google’s affiliate program that allows website publishers to earn revenue by adding targeted advertising to their website.
Affiliate Programs Directory
If you want to know the best affiliate programs to put on your website we recommend you visit affiliate-progams.xyz. They have published a very comprehensive glossary on all the terms related to affiliate marketing.
Affiliate Remuneration Models
The most common compensation models used in affiliation are as follows:
- CPA (Cost Per Action): when someone is going to get their billing information, etc … it can vary from a few dollars to several thousand dollars.
- CPC (Cost Per Click): when someone will click on a link or banner … it can vary from a few cents to a few dollars.
- CPL (Cost Per Lead): when someone will submit their email … you will receive a few cents or dollars.
- CPM (Cost per Mille): often used in display with a display cost to thousand impressions … you will pay a few cents most often or dollars.
- Revshare: You recruit customers and you earn a percentage each time they buy something for life.
There is therefore a lot of possible compensation model in affiliation. There is also the Pay Per Download, etc …
Affiliate Programs Management
Managing an affiliate program requires good management because there can be fraud. it is necessary to analyze the sales made by the customers recruited by the affiliates.
At iMasterWeb we can help you set up your affiliate program! We have experience with most affiliate management software or affiliate programs.