What is affiliate marketing and how does it work?
Affiliate marketing is a system that let an advertiser pay an affiliate (often a publisher) with a performance commission system every time that a specific action is made. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.
Affiliate marketing is a popular tactic to drive sales and generate significant online revenue. To have success in affiliation you should decide on which affiliate platform and niche to use, select an affiliate program, create great content, generate traffic, get clicks and drive sales!
The best thing about affiliate marketing is that you can do it at scale. A typical salesperson only sells products from one company. As an affiliate marketer, you can promote products from many different companies and earn commissions from all of them.
Well Know Affiliate Programs
The most well-known affiliate program is Amazon‘s, and they are the ones who created this new pay-for-performance model in 1996. Adsense is Google’s affiliate program that allows website publishers to earn revenue by adding targeted advertising to their website. Right now affiliates love to do DropShipping with a Shopify Ecommerce and Facebook Ads.
There are a lot of trusted affiliate programs in affiliates platform like ClickBank, ShareASale, Rakuten, MoreNiche, CrakRevenue…
Affiliate Programs Directory
Affiliate Remuneration Models
The most common compensation models used in affiliation are as follows:
- CPA (Cost Per Action): when someone is going to get their billing information, etc … it can vary from a few dollars to several thousand dollars.
- CPC (Cost Per Click): when someone will click on a link or banner … it can vary from a few cents to a few dollars.
- CPL (Cost Per Lead): when someone will submit their email … you will receive a few cents or dollars.
- CPM (Cost per Mille): often used in display with a display cost to thousand impressions … you will pay a few cents most often or dollars.
- Revshare: You recruit customers and you earn a percentage each time they buy something for life.
There is therefore a lot of possible compensation model in affiliation. There is also the Pay Per Download, etc …
Affiliate Programs Management
Managing an affiliate program requires good management because there can be fraud. it is necessary to analyze the sales made by the customers recruited by the affiliates. At iMasterWeb we can help you set up your affiliate program! We have experience with most affiliate management software or affiliate programs.
More Affiliate Ressources
For more information on Affiliate marketing you can read more here :